• Obey traffic laws!
• NEVER cross the yellow line unless it’s a last- ditch effort to avoid a crash.
• Stay to the right side of the road, i.e., don’t gutter the group on the yellow line and don’t move left with a rider that is trying to drop back in the group.
• Be cautious and mindful of the riders behind you before going through intersections.
• Listen to the ride leader.
• Hold your line, be predictable and safe.
• Call out road hazards.
• No in-ear headphones - you must be able to hear what’s around you. Bone conduction headphones are fine, as long as the volume is kept low enough to hear everything in the group, we’re trusting you on this.
• No use of aero-bars.
• Helmets are required.
• Risky or abrupt moves to make an attack or go for a sprint will not be tolerated!
We're excited to announce new changes to our club TNR structure to provide a more tailored and enjoyable experience for all members, regardless of your cycling preferences and experience levels.
Starting next week, our regular rides will be split into three distinct groups:
Race Group: This group is for those seeking an adrenaline-pumping, high-intensity ride that tests your limits. This group is for those that want to practice race tactics and push their limits. We'll be going full throttle with no stops. Note: Rules of the road above still apply, this is not a marshalled course!
Speed Range – (No Max Speed)
Competitive Group: Our Competitive Group is designed for those who crave speed but value camaraderie and group effort. This high-speed group will operate as a 'drop ride' but will regroup at least once during the ride to ensure we're all pushing our limits together. We will always follow the same route as the Race Group. Emphasis will be placed on practicing smooth and safe paceline technique.
Speed Range 20 – 25MPH
Steady Group: Last but certainly not least is our Steady Group. This group is aimed at members who want to ride hard and get a solid workout but are interested in something other than race tactics. Though we will generally follow the route of the other two groups, occasional route changes will be made depending on the time and length of the route, ensuring a suitable challenge and duration for all.
Speed Range 18 – 23MPH
These three groups will provide an exciting, challenging, and, most importantly, fun cycling experience for every one of our valued members. Pick your group each week depending on the ride experience you want that day.
Stay tuned for further updates on the GroupMe app, including detailed route maps and group schedules.
Need the GroupMe app. You can join the group here. GroupMe LRC Group